Premier Properties Perth is an independent lettings and estate agency which has been operating in the city since 2009. We require a full time Lettings Negotiator to support the Lettings Team in our busy King Street office. The successful candidate will be required to work from the office as part of a team as well as independently visiting properties for various roles such as viewings, inspections and inventories. Our overall aim is to deliver exceptional customer service to our clients for which we have won multiple awards. The successful candidate will need to liaise with our existing landlords, tenants and contractors all whilst delivering exceptional client care throughout the process. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and driven team.
- Answer incoming calls, deal with general requests for information/property enquiries and arrange viewings. If necessary, answer colleague’s calls when they are unavailable and take messages. Ensure landlord/vendor/tenant queries are directed to the relevant team member and dealt with in full and in a timely manner.
- Welcome visitors into the building (tenants, landlords, contractors) and deal with whatever queries they have, including providing information about properties to potential tenants and helping them complete application forms.
- Register applicants (phone/walk in/email/online) onto the company system correctly
- Respond to email enquiries in a professional and timely manner, arranging viewings and visits as appropriate. Ensure visits are accurately entered in the company diary.
- Call and email applicants to discuss their requirements and suggest suitable properties and arrange viewings.
- Input and update property information on the company’s customer system, website, social media channels and national property portals including Rightmove, Zoopla and On The Market.
- Carry out viewings, obtain feedback from applicants and pass on to lettings team and landlords.
- Carry out inspection visits and inventories at properties.
- Photograph rental properties and compose marketing descriptions. Upload listings to lettings software and company website.
- Print tenancy documents and check that details are accurate.
- Along with the lettings team process tenant applications and perform all tasks needed for a tenant to move into a new property.
- Contact utility companies and help resolve bill queries.
- Manage the movement of keys and signs and ensure their safe return to the office.
- Keep databases and spreadsheets up-to-date.
- Ensure all handouts/sales and lettings packs and inserts are up-to-date and replenished.
- General office duties: filing, scanning, photocopying, compiling sales and lettings packs, typing and amending documents.
- Make sure the office looks tidy at all times.
- Ensure the office is covered at all times by liaising with the other team members regarding appointments.
- Run errands as required to assist in the smooth running of the office.
- Previous experience within the property industry is preferable.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- An interest in property and knowledge of the local area would be desirable.
- Friendly, outgoing, cheerful and enthusiastic to do a quality job at all times.
- Good working knowledge of standard Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience of working with a customer system desirable.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good organisational and prioritising ability.
- Able to work under pressure and to display initiative.
- Team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Maintains a professional manner at all times.
- Confident in liaising both internally and externally.
- A full clean UK driving license is essential.
It is desirable that the candidate holds a relevant qualification covering essential aspects of letting agency work. There are currently four programmes leading to qualifications that are considered acceptable by the Scottish Government:
- The LETWELL programme, delivered by Landlord Accreditation Scotland and the Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) Scotland: CIH level 3 certificate in letting and managing residential property (equivalent to SCQF level 6)
- Propertymark qualifications (formerly National Federation of Property Professionals) programme – Residential Letting and Property Management – Scotland
- The safeagent Foundation Lettings Course (formerly NALS)
- MRICS qualification, but only if certain conditions have been met. See below for more information.
Training and Development
Premier Properties Perth is committed to the development of its staff. The team will fully support the successful candidate and training will be provided in-house, particularly in relation to customer systems and online portals. This role gives the candidate the chance to join a booming and dynamic organisation with the opportunity to learn and forge a rewarding career. Premier Properties Perth is also an accredited agent registered with Landlord Accreditation Scotland (LAS) who offer external training programmes and continual professional development courses.
Please apply via email enclosing a CV, covering letter and your current salary details to:
Murray Hall, Head of Lettings – firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary commensurate with experience and skills.
Friday 14th January 2022 at 5 p.m.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment
Job Type: This post is a permanent contract.