At PPP, our aim is to deliver exceptional customer service, with a personal touch. To achieve this, we need positive, motivated staff who love working with people. Staff like Cloe, who joined our amazing team last year:
If you have the qualities we are looking for, then we want to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity to join our company and become a valued member of our friendly, dynamic team.
Lettings Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Reporting to: Head of Lettings
Location: 45 King Street, Perth, PH2 8JB
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Some weekend/evening work will be required on a rotational basis. From time to time, some additional work may be required (over and above the 37.5 hours) for which overtime will be paid.
This post is a fixed term contract for 15 months with the possibility of progressing to a permanent position depending on business needs.
Premier Properties Perth is an independent lettings and estate agency which has been operating in the city since 2009. We have experienced considerable growth over the past few years and now require a full time Lettings Assistant to support the Lettings Team in our busy King Street office. Although this is essentially an office-based position, the successful candidate will be required to carry out some work at properties (e.g. viewings, inventories, inspections). Our overall aim is to deliver exceptional service to our clients and we have won several awards for this. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated team player who can provide support to our busy lettings staff. They need to liaise with landlords and tenants, delivering outstanding client care throughout the lettings process. This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in the property industry as part of a dynamic and driven team.
- Answer incoming calls, deal with general requests for information/property enquiries and arrange viewings. If necessary, answer colleague’s calls when they are unavailable and take messages. Ensure landlord/vendor/tenant queries are directed to the relevant team member and dealt with in full and in a timely manner.
- Welcome visitors into the building (tenants, landlords, contractors) and deal with whatever queries they have, including providing information about properties to potential tenants and helping them complete application forms.
- Register applicants (phone/walk in/email/online) onto the company system correctly
- Respond to email enquiries in a professional and timely manner, arranging viewings and visits as appropriate. Ensure visits are accurately entered in the company diary.
- Call and email applicants to discuss their requirements and suggest suitable properties and arrange viewings.
- Input and update property information on the company’s customer system, website, social media channels and national property portals.
- Carry out viewings, obtain feedback from applicants and pass on to lettings team and landlords.
- Carry out inspection visits and inventories at properties.
- Photograph rental properties and compose marketing descriptions.
- Print tenancy documents and check that details are accurate.
- Along with the lettings team process tenant application forms and perform all tasks needed for a tenant to move into a new property.
- Contact utility companies and help resolve bill queries.
- Manage the movement of keys and signs and ensure their safe return to the office.
- Keep databases and spreadsheets up-to-date.
- Ensure all lettings packs and inserts are up-to-date and replenished.
- General office duties: filing, scanning, photocopying, compiling lettings packs, typing and amending documents.
- Make sure the office looks tidy at all times.
- Ensure the office is covered at all times by liaising with the other team members regarding appointments.
- Run errands as required to assist in the smooth running of the office.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- An interest in property and knowledge of the local area would be desirable.
- Friendly, outgoing, cheerful and enthusiastic to do a quality job at all times.
- Good working knowledge of standard Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience of working with a customer system desirable.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good organisational and prioritising ability.
- Able to work under pressure and to display initiative.
- Team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Maintains a professional manner at all times.
- Confident in liaising both internally and externally.
- A full clean UK driving license is essential.
It is desirable* that the candidate holds a relevant qualification covering essential aspects of letting agency work. There are currently four programmes leading to qualifications that are considered acceptable by the Scottish Government:
- The LETWELL programme, delivered by Landlord Accreditation Scotland and the Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) Scotland: CIH level 3 certificate in letting and managing residential property (equivalent to SCQF level 6)
- Propertymark qualifications (formerly National Federation of Property Professionals) programme – Residential Letting and Property Management – Scotland
- The safeagent Foundation Lettings Course (formerly NALS)
- MRICS qualification, but only if certain conditions have been met. See below for more information.
*However, if the ideal candidate does not hold a relevant qualification, the company will arrange for the individual to undertake one of the above programmes and achieve the necessary qualification.
Training and Development
Premier Properties Perth is committed to the development of its staff. The team will fully support the successful candidate and training will be provided in-house, particularly in relation to customer systems and online portals. This role gives the candidate the chance to join a booming and dynamic organisation with the opportunity to learn and forge a rewarding career.
Please apply via email enclosing a CV and your current salary details to:
Laura Harris – Business Manager
Salary commensurate with experience and skills.
Thursday 9th January 2020 at 5 p.m.
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment