RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS / COVID-19 – VALUATION APPOINTMENT GUIDELINES
Last Updated: 19th March 2020
The risks these procedures will minimise are:
- The risk of our staff infecting you/your home’s surfaces.
- The risk of buyers/you/your home’s surfaces infecting our staff.
- The risk of all of us spreading the disease further to our family, friends, the general population, and to those at most risk of developing serious illness.
- Any adverse effect on the demand for your home/the general property market.
Actions YOU should take:
- If at any time you feel you have symptoms, immediately self-isolate, and let us know as soon as possible and anyone else that you have come into close contact with in the last 7 days.
- Anyone visiting your home should immediately wash hands upon arrival, and during their visit if necessary and again when leaving.
- You should ensure they minimise hand to mouth/nose/face/ear/eye/hair/body contact and minimise hand to surface contact on door handles, light switches, taps, toilet flush mechanisms and surfaces, and you should ensure to clean those surfaces again after they leave, and ensure minimising hand to hand contact with them and maintain a safe distance from them as per WHO guidelines mentioned above.
- Immediately prior to our visit, wash your hands, clean all door handles & light switches & worksurfaces, open all internal doors, turn on all lights, unlock all external doors, wash your hands again.
- Provide hand washing and drying facilities for our staff upon arrival at the nearest place to initial access to your home.
- After the appointment, wash your hands, clean all door handles, light switches, taps, toilet flush mechanisms, and work surfaces, and wash your hands again.
Actions WE will take:
- We will be asking for confirmation from yourself that no symptoms have been experienced within the last 7 days.
- We will ensure that we wash our hands prior to and upon arrival, and again before leaving and will not touch any door handles, light switches, taps and surfaces in your home. Your assistance with this is essential.
- If you are present at the valuation appointment, please assist us with this by unlocking all external doors in your home, opening all internal doors, and turning on all lights.
- If any of our staff feel any symptoms related to COVID-19 after our visit, we will inform you, and anyone we have been in contact with in the last 7 days.
- Email you with a copy of the above requirements prior to our valuation appointment.